Re: Window mechanism lubrication

To: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>, jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Window mechanism lubrication
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:53:01 -0500
At 09:48 AM 01/27/00 PST, Walt Fogle wrote:

>For your window mechanisms you might try white lithium grease or even
>silicone based brake grease.  I just purchased a tube of the brake grease at
>NAPA for my rear brake overhaul and it seems like a very versatile product.
>Both will be long lasting and should not harm any vinyl that they might come
>in contact with.

I used a synthetic grease similar to Walt's brake grease.  I sanded the
tracks lightly (they were rusty) and applied the grease liberally. Also
packed the spiral  springs in the winder mechanisms too.

No problems even 3 years after.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (windows UP because of single-digit temps outside)
Succasunna, NJ USA