RE: New to List, Looking for Parts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New to List, Looking for Parts
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@ballistic.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 23:28:52
List

I want to thank everyone for your responses and help to my wiring and dash
problems.  I am working though each suggestion and will let you know the
results.

What seems to be missing is the problem of obtaining proper rings for the
pistons.  Surely someone knows the place to obtain Chrome rings for the
motor, perhaps a cross over from another engine--chev, ford, Rover, MG
maybe even Austin Healey, no they never used anything that small :->.

I'll be pulling the motor this week and will have the correct size of rings
needed.  Any advise will be welcomed

God Bless
Jon
Tyler, Tx
78 Spitfire 1500, 54 AH BN1(for sale), 67 AH BJ8(many pieces trying to get
together)