New to list, looking for parts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New to list, looking for parts
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@ballistic.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:55:36
List

I have a 78 Spitfire 1500, it has been sitting for probably 6-7 yrs. and I
am in the process of preparing it for the road.  However I have hit several
snags:

1)The hazard lights only work in the front as do the turn signals(I have
already replaced the turn signal switch) and cannot trace down the problem
to the rear, any secrets or ideas would be welcome.

2)The previous owner rents from me so I have all the history on the motor,
which has had some work done to it.  After a head shaving and general
rebuild plus a weber carb and headers exhaust he was unable to find any
chrome rings so he used the stock iron rings which did not take long to
blowout so the motor now has so much blow by in the crankcase it blows oil
out the dipstick hole.  #4 cyl has no compression at all etc.etc.  Any all
this to ask if any one knows where to buy some proper rings for the
increased compression.

3)and last, at least for now, are there any wooden dash parts available
besides the VB 250.00 walnut kind.  I am looking for some org or at least
less expensive replacements.

Thanks in advance for any help

May God Bless You
Jon