Re: Alternator swap

To: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alternator swap
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:33:55 -0500
The Delco unit has the same pulley; same diameter, same location, same same
same.  You don't change anything, not even the belt.  Like I said, it's about a
15 minute job, including the time you spend contemplating the clock position of
the connectors.  The hardest part of the job is determining which of the two
wires you hook up to the GM pigtail which way.  Do save yourself a headache, and
get one of the curved GM alternator tensioner arms, its easier then cobing
something up and it looks right.