RE: Optional Extras

To: Suzie <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>, Spit List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Optional Extras
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:57:32 -0500
Every Spit I've seen here (U.S.A.)  has a heater.   Given the fact that the
heater is not located in a readily accessible place and that the hoses,
windscreen vents, etc. would have been eliminated, I doubt very much that
the heater was optional in 1969, or on earlier Mk IIIs, especially in light
of the fact that the Spit was constantly being upgraded with features each
year/model change.  USA required  raising the bumper height on the Early Mk
III's, no doubt, a heater was required as well.  Just my educated guess.
Terry Banbury
Mk III