RE: Optional Extras

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, Suzie <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Optional Extras
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:02:47 -0500
I don't know on MK IIIs but I do know on the first spits made it was an
option, or more correctly it was an option not to have one.  In fact when
Spitfires were first rolled out for their Car show debute the cars that were
sent could not be unloaded from the ships.  So two cars were brought from
Hawaii and some other tropical place.  Caused a big problem as the car show
was in January and in New York and Chicago.  The book that I recieved this
out of said that cars sent to tropica markets (you decipher exactly what
that pertains to) did not have heaters.  If someone whats the name of the
book I can get it at home.  Pulling from memory but, if we need more exact
info I can look tonight.

Patrick Bowen