Optional Extras

To: "Spitfires Listserv" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Optional Extras
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:36:36 -0800
I would imagine a lot of this was a direct result of the dealers ordering
policies as well. In years past (read MANY) I was pricing out an Austin
Healey here in Western Canada. The only dealer had the policy of "this is
the way we order them and we won't do anything else"  The result was that a
lot of "Extras" became "Standard" equipment if you did not know better.
Perhaps the import structure for the USA dealers operated the same way for
every Spit that was imported?

Well who really cares - we all have heaters and the likes so there is'nt any
grounds for "my Spit is better equipped than yours" arguments between us,
however I'm sure we can argue about lots of other details !!

Happy St Pat's Day and keep on Triumphing !!

John Tones (Victoria, BC)