Re: RHD to LHD conversion

To: Ketil Oftedahl <ketil.oftedahl@datapoint.no>
Subject: Re: RHD to LHD conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:57:19 -0700
The steering rack would need to be changed, but I believe
that a Much more drastic part of the conversion would have
to be the replacement of the firewall shelf so the battery
and master cylinders change sides.  While it isn't the most
expensive part, it will require the most work to change out.

Along with that, you will have to change the accelerator
petal linkage to one that is on the left.  However, you may
want to consider going with a later cable linked accelerator
petal.  These are much more precise and don't have the
problem with the bushings wearing out.

Also, you must change the headlamps so they dip to the
right.

Regards,
Joe Curry

P.S. If you haven't registered the car in the Spitfire
database, please do!
http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html