Re: O/D Stuck?

To: Flinters@picarefy.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O/D Stuck?
From: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:52:01 +0100
No, this doesn't sounds like an o/d problem at all.  Sounds like a broken
gearshift mechanism.  I had something very similar about 18 months ago -
went to change gear, got a nasty grinding noise and wouldn't go into gear
properly.

With some help from the AA (that's Automobile Associate, not Alcoholics
Anonymous, for all the US listers out there!) managed to somehow bump the
car into 2nd gear (more luck than judgement here!) so I could drive it
home.  Turned out there was a broken pin in the gear shifter bits
(technical term).  Didn't fancy trying to fix it myself, so I investigated
having it fixed, but recon gearboxes from Kippings are cheap enough that it
actually worked out not much more to get one from them than to have mine
fixed.

Dean