Re: driver side door sag

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driver side door sag
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:30:50 -0400
John, I had problems with the lock and even with adjusting the lock on the body
to align still had a problem. It was sagging slightly like yours. My car is
getting the bodywork done and the guy doing it rehung the door by loosing the
hinge bolts and realigning the door. Did not need new hinges. I would try it
first. Check that the bolts are tight first on the car and door on the hinges.
If the door does not move when you lift it when it's open I doubt if new hinges
will help and rehanging the door will most likely cure it. If the door moves
and the bolts are tight then you most likely will need new hinges.

Alan