Re: Re: worrying noises

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>, jmcneal@ohms.com,
Subject: Re: Re: worrying noises
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:41:25 +0100 (BST)
Since getting in from work I have looked through my haynes manual, seems
like replacing the u-joints isn't too hard a job so I might attempt it
myself.  This will the first 'serious' mechanical thing that I have ever
done on a car if I do go through with it!

I am a bit worried about throwing the propeller shaft out of balance
though.  Any thoughts?

I also looked in the Rimmers catalogue, seems that u-joints are also
quite cheap, about £7, although I will need to invest in a torque wrench
as well.

Do you think this might be a simple 'first project' to undertake bearing
in mind I have never done any car mechanics stuff before?

cheers
John

--- Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com> wrote: > >Sounds like your
u-joints are starting to go.