Re: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: ekieboom <ekieboom@pop.xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2000 10:10:08 -0500
ekieboom@pop.xs4all.nl on 13Oct2000 04:05 PM

To:     Richard B Gosling/1M/Caterpillar@Caterpillar
cc:     spitfires@autox.team.net@INTERNET
Retain Until: 12/11/2000        Retention Category: G90    - Information and
 Reports
Perkins Confidential:  Green

At 07:26 13-10-2000 -0500, Richard B Gosling wrote:

[continuing story of hard-to-retard Spit]

How old are the brake hoses on your car?

I'm asking since old brake hoses can swell up inside. So when you hit the
brakes first time, you may be compressing the insides of your old hoses and
not getting much brake action because of that.

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green

Answer - anywhere between 2 years (when I bought her) and 21 years (when she
 was built)!  Could be the problem.  Although, I have a feeling this came on
 quite suddenly - I would expect old brake hoses to deteriorate more gradually.
Worth considering, however, and replacing with decent steel braided ones would
 be no bad thing anyway!

Richard and Daffy