Re: RE: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: dougnad@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: RE: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:29:08 -0400
We're talking the single circuit master cylinder, just like the clutch master
cylinder right?  http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/art010_1.html
shows a good picture of those innards.

I'm a little confused by your descriptions.  Are you calling the tipping valve
what they call in this web page the centering valve?  I confess, I hadn't
been thinking of this type of master cylinder in the conversation, but
I've never seen any valve on these types that would prevent fluid that
leaks past the piston seals from dripping on my foot.  Clutch master
cylinders do this all the time.

The design hasn't changed btw.  This is a generic Girling master
cylinder, still in production and use to this day.  Unless we are talking
about something strange that I'm still not grasping that was a
Triumph only modification to a Girling master cylinder.