Re: RE: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: RE: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: "DT Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:13:11 -0500
       FWIW I've been reading this thread for a few days now and thought
that I had the SAME symptoms. Here's what I did. I adjusted the rear brakes
until they were tight then backed off the adjustment just a bit until the
hub were hard to move. I might add that I also HAD rebuilt the M/C and
flushed the entire system with denatured alcohol ( I used a whole
gallon!!! ) to completely flush the system. Thanks Miti-Vac !!!
            To force all the alc. out of the lines I used "canned air" the
stuff used to blow dust out of your computer parts...worked great!!! I
refilled with  DOT 4 for two reasons,1) it's readily available and 2) I
didn't pull and rebuild the calipers or drum pistons.
        Have Good Day
        Dave Gebhard
        1977 Spitfire