IT RUNS!

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT RUNS!
From: "Phillip" <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:33:4 -0400
Today has been a GREAT day!  I got to start the Spitfire after it's 10 year
nap, and it sounds good.  Now I need to take Jeff's advise and rebuild the
brakes so I can take it for my first ride in a Spitfire.

I do have a few questions now that I have torn into the little car.  Can
anyone tell me what the electronic ignition is on a 76 Spit?  Here is a
link to what mine looks like,
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76/ignition.html  Is this the correct
ignition module or an after market, I am leaning towards aftermarket.  The
handbook says my car has a Lucas 45D4 (Electronic pointless distributor)
but nothing about a module mounted next to the clutch master cylinder.

Second question is about the tach.  The second time I started the car the
tach bounced and would not settle.  The problem is that this was the only
time that it did this.  Is there a possible problem with the tach or is
this a normal thing that happens every so often?  I have since started the
car several times and evertime it is smooth and seems to be acurate.

In case anyone is interested I have been maintaing a web site on the
progress of this project.
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76

Thank in advance for any help.  And thanks to all the people that had given
me advise on what to look at and repair when I first got the car, it really
helped a lot!

Phillip

Phillip
metaz76@earthlink.net