Re: IT RUNS!

To: "Phillip" <metaz76@earthlink.net>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: IT RUNS!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:41:17 -0700
Hey Phillip!

Congratulations!  Regarding the tach, sounds as thought the cable was
binding in the sheath the second time you started it up, or perhaps wasn't
seated fully in either the tachometer itself or the tach drive on the
distributor.

Or do you have an electronic tach.  If so, nevermind!! :-0

If your tach is mechanical, pull out the cable and treat liberally with
graphite, then replace.  If the cable is at all frayed or damaged in anyway,
get a new one. But something tells me you have an electronic tach, in which
case I have no idea!  Congrats on the website, too!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!