Re: IT RUNS!

To: "metaz76@earthlink.net" <metaz76@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: IT RUNS!
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:39:42 -0400
Congratulations!

I too have a '76 which had the Allison like yours. Looks like most had the
original Lucas CIE replaced. 4 wires connecting. Mine still has the old drive
resistor hanging about.
I have replaced mine though due to it's overheating.

Tach is electronic. There is one connector with 2 wires that are on the -ve
side of the coil with the black wire that runs to the Allison box. One of the
wires ran to the Lucas pickup via a connector that is wrapped around the wire
loom the other wire runs to the tach.

My tach is OK and according to the DEQ - very accurate. I had lots of connector
problems on the car when I got it. Best thing is to taken them all of and clean
them all up.

Alan

(See http://www.ftconnect.com/~alemen/spitfire/spitfire.html)

Best pic of module is http://www.ftconnect.com/~alemen/spitfire/0131-5.jpg

My web site needs updated but the pics of the orignal stuff are there like
yours.