Re: How long do brake master cylindes last?

To: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How long do brake master cylindes last?
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:50:45 -0400
I rebuilt my clutch master and slave cylinders
9 years ago when I got my car, and I think they are
stating to go.  I rebuilt the brake MC 9 years ago,
and it was actually OK a couple of years ago
when I unnecessarily re-rebuilt it.

I have never touched my front calipers in 9 years,
and they are fine.

8 years after I got the car, the rear wheel cylinders
started leaking and I rebuilt tem.

I believe that regular fluid replacement and bleeding
(every couple of years) are important for long life.

Doug Braun