Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:19:03 -0800
> Yours is rather gorgeous as well;

Thanks. Nigel is a rather spoiled boy! ;-)

> I particularly liked the "other"
> Spitfire in the background of the picture!

Lovely kite, isn't it? That one actually lives here, in California. It's one
of the planes featured in the "Ghosts 2001" Calendar! It had belonged to an
air marshal who used it as his private hack-and so it was painted in his
colours.

> I then had a blinding flash of 1970s inspiration, and
> came up with Purdey (Joanna Lumley in "The New Avengers", not the
> shotgun manufacturer).   This was nice but, I thought, a little
> presumptuous, so I decided to sleep on it.   I woke up this morning with
> what I think is "the answer" - Carly.   First of all it is an accurate
> description (CARL[ight]Y[ellow]); secondly, I had a huge crush on a girl
> called Carly in 1977, and thirdly, you can't get much more
> archetypically Seventies than Carly Simon.
>
> What do you think?

As much as I love Carly Simon-I'd vote for Purdey! Though I could see how
people could confuse that with the shot guns. (Funny, I was driving around
the other day, and the thought did go through my mind if they named the
character for the shot gun...strange what one thinks of driving on the
freeway at 10 at night!)

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!