Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:04:09 +0000
In article <>, Eric
Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> writes
>At 17:57 23-2-2001 +0000, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
>>If you think the ones you've seen on the list are hilarious, you should
>>see the ones that came by private e-mail!   I am compiling a complete
>>list of all responses, and will post a summary here in a day or so.
>I look forward to it.

My notes currently run to five pages of A4...
>>You carry a set of feelers?   What on earth for?
>Duh.... I don't know, really. I set the valves once a year and I guess I'm
>too lazy to look for the feelers; I just always have them with me.

That use hadn't occurred to me, since we were talking about an emergency
>>And is that a bottle opener, bottom left? That I can empathise with!
>Is it? No it isn't. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but now that you mention
>it, I'll put one in there. It's an excellent idea!

Don't forget the Champagne in the glove compartment (I think a half-
bottle should fit).
>>You wait until you see a picture of my boot!
>Go on then! ;-)

I'll get the camera out this morning, and take some photos.

Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: