Re: Earthquake in Seattle

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Earthquake in Seattle
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:39:03 +0000
Got home after two hours for a normal 45 minute commute.  Very light damage
in my area.  Some stores have broken windows.  Closer to Seattle buildings
have collapsed and bridges are out of commission.  It's not pretty, but we
really dodged a big one.  You couldn't tell this was a 7.0 at all by
looking at the damage.  Maybe a 4 or 5 max.  But it's a true 7.0.

And the real news- Giles, the 68 Mk III Spitui is doing just fine.  Got
home and immediately went to my garage.  It was perfect.  Couldn't tell
anything was amiss.  But then I also string bungee cords across the open
ends of shelves that hold paint or other small objects.  Those did their
job nicely.  No damage to my garage or Spitfire at all.

Ironically the interior of my house didn't do so well.  Lots of things off
shelves and things moved about.  The higher off the ground, the more likely
it fell, especially on the second floor.  The basement and floor levels did
okay.

More as it happens!

Vegaman Dan
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |     ConiFur NorthWest 2000 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |