Re: Vacu-rak

To: Laura.G@141.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vacu-rak
From: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:48:24 +0000
Laura,

When I got my car it had a rack attached to the boot (trunk) lid.  Not sure
if it was exactly the one you've found - it had four suction cups on the
bottom, and four adjustable hooks which go around the edge of the boot lid.
AFAIK, the previous owner left it on permanently.  I took it off because I
didn't like the way it looked - I thought I could use it only when I needed
it.  When I removed it, I found four round patches of rust underneath the
suction caps, presumably where they had trapped the moisture in for a
period of several years.

Definitely a useful addition to your car, especially if it's your only car
and you want to go on holiday with it or anything.  But whatever you do,
don't leave it attached permanently - remove it when not in use.

Dean