Fwd: Re: Mystery component

To: Spifires Autox Team <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Mystery component
From: "M. E. Foster" <foster_m@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:57:02 -0600
Well, I omitted one minor detail. I DO have an overdrive.
The consensus seems to be that it's the OD relay. No
OD relay appears on the wiring diagram in Haynes, but
figure 10.17 on p. 222 looks like what I'm talking about.
But the dang thing has 5 terminals, not 4 as shown in the
figure. Maybe I shouldn't get an hung up on that. I don't
believe it's the starter relay. (See figure 10.12 on p. 219.)

I should be removing the transmission cover soon, so I can
trace the wires. I'm bothered by the burnt wire. If the module
is an OD relay, what would cause it to burn? My OD works fine.

I'm trying to get the car stripped out in preparation for a
repaint. I want to get everything back together correctly
and fix any problems, like shorts. Since the burnt wire
goes into the wiring harness, should I consider replacing
the wiring harness? I will have the car disassembled,
so now's the time to do it if I'm going to. I want to head
off any future problems. Or is that too drastic?

Thanks for your help, guys