Need another part... GT6/Spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Need another part... GT6/Spit
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:04:12 -0800 (PST)
Hey folks-

I just disassembled the fron shock/spring assemblies
on my GT6+.  First off, Harborfreight's Spring
Compressor Tool ($9.95) did a SUPER job at getting
things apart and I recommend it!

Now I notice that the top spring retaining plates on
one side, (the flat, round piece with the three studs
that bolt up to the suspension towers on the chassis),
is in bad shape.  It seems that the center hole has
been notched rather badly and is no longer round.  I
suppose that the shock will always be moving around on
it's mountings unless I replace this piece.

I don't see this part numbered as an available part in
Moss' Catalog.  I think it is the same part on the GT6
and the Spitfire.  Anyone have any lying about, I just
need one?  Rusty condition is fine, I can do wonders
with a wire wheel, just so long as the center hole is
still round and the mounting studs are all there.

TIA,

Fred Marks
GT6 V6 Conv. Project
~8% complete