can a gas tank float be salvaged?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires
Subject: can a gas tank float be salvaged?
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:31:53 -0500
Hi all,

My tank's sending unit's float is about 1/3 flooded.  It's a
sealed piece of plastic and there's no apparent leak, so I don't
understand how the gas got in there-- unless by osmosis!

Anyway, does anyone have any BTDT on how to drain & seal these?
I'd rather not spring the $75 Spitbits wants for a complete
sending unit!

thanks!
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.   Mammon, n.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The god of the world's