Re: can a gas tank float be salvaged?

To: "Douglas Frank" <frank@zk3.dec.com>,
Subject: Re: can a gas tank float be salvaged?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:08:15 -0800
Hi Douglas,

I discovered the exact same thing with my float when I had my sending unit
out for inspection not too long ago.  BTW, you can get a new sending unit
for quite a bit less than that Spitbits quote, I believe.  VB sells them for
$49 and I've seen them on sale occasionally for $10 less than that.

I took an alternate approach to the problem (that cost $0)  that I've been
very satisfied with.

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/fuelgauge.shtml