Re: can a gas tank float be salvaged?

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: can a gas tank float be salvaged?
From: "Max Brewster" <brewsjl@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:01:20 -0000
I went to a junk yard and found a brass float out of a Jeep CJ5. I had to
buy the complete sending unit for $15.00. It was worth it. The float is
similar in shape and works well. My Spit buddy Mike Ginter went to the same
place and found just the float in a box for $5.00. Other car makes may have
a similar float. Some car models 70's and earlier had brass floats. Try your
local junk yard.

Max Brewster
79' Spitfire