Re: '69 Spit Convertible top

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '69 Spit Convertible top
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:09:13 -0500
Advantages of zippered window

1 - On really hot sunny days, you need the shade of the top but get
just as much airflow with the windows down and the backwindow
unzipped.
2-  In the rain, the top can be partially unzipped, the water will
still run down it, but you get more ventilation and the windows fog
less.
3 - I unzip it when fogged up or badly hazed and I need to back up
4 - Also a convenient way to put items in the area behind the seats
when the top is up.  I've also transported lumber in the winter sticking
out the open window.

ISTR that the zippered top was introduced with the last year of the
MK3s 1970.  That top should also fit a '69 but you might want to check
with the mfg or retailer.  The 71 is for a MkIV and is a totally
different profile as Joe pointed out.

Greg Rowe