Re: '69 Spit Convertible top

To: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: '69 Spit Convertible top
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:27:41 -0700
Technically, this is somewhat incorrect.  Since the Mk3 ceased production in
December of 1970, there are no 1971 Mk3's.  However, by now we are all
aware of the way many dealers were assigning later model years to new unsold
cars of a previous year.  This is probably the source of the allusion to
a 1971 Mk3.

There was a bit of overlap in the Mk3 and MkIV production.  I assume this was
in order to use up a lot of round body parts that were lying around as a
result of over production and strikes at the time.

Joe