RE: '69 Spit Convertible top

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: RE: '69 Spit Convertible top
From: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:59:12 -0500
Even though there were reported customer service issues,  I felt that the
quality of the top for the price was worth the gamble (and I DO consider it
a gamble).  They appear to be very well made and I only know one person that
wasn't happy (out of almost 20 that I've questioned over the course of a few
years). As a follow up,  I sent a query via email to them (Caribou) early
yesterday.  No response yet.  I'm sure they're busy with all the spring
orders,  and I'll wait a few days before pestering them with phone calls.
He did tell me that my card wouldn't be charged until the late model midget
tops were being produced (I guess they do them in batches).  I was charged
two days later, which was three weeks ago.  No top yet.

If Steph really wants a zippered window,  he can just have one made into the
top for a '69 as a special order...  Plenty of places will do that.

I didn't feel there was a need for the additional cost of a zippered window.
Besides,  I was really just poking him about using a top at all.  I guess it
wasn't clear.

Mike

From: Jeff McNeal [mailto:jmcneal@ohms.com]

Michael,

That's not what Steph was asking.  He didn't ask for opinions on whether you
felt the zippered window was necessary.  He asked if it would fit on a '69
frame!

Given the severe problems reported to this list with Caribou's customer
service in the last few months, I'm curious to learn even IF you get it...
Has your credit card already been charged for the purchase?  Or is Caribou
cleaning up their act?