Re: '69 Spit Convertible top

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Keith R. Stewart"
Subject: Re: '69 Spit Convertible top
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:59:42 -0800
Just to add to this discussion, it was my understanding from the gent at
British Parts Northwest that the rear bows on the 1970 frame ONLY were
slightly taller than the previous Mk3 model years.  Thus, a 1970 Mk3 top may
*not* fit a '69 perfectly.

I do not know if this "rumor" can be confirmed.  I tried to confirm it with
Ted Schumacher and Andy Mace, but could never quite get the answers I was
looking for.  John Macartney, where art thou?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!