Re: HID lights, are these for real?

To: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HID lights, are these for real?
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:12:13 -0500
At 12:33 PM 3/20/2001 -0800, Chris DeStaffany wrote:

>This guy on Ebay has lights that he claims are;
>
>"This set is complete it includes: 2 Sealed beam 6024
>conversion housings, 2 rubber covers (keep housings
>dry), 2 65/55 Standard Wattage Xenon H4 bulbs with and
>output of 90/100W."  for $39.95.
>
>The cheapest that I have seen is around $500 and they
>go for as much as $2000.  There is no mention of any
>transformer and the wattage seems high for HID.  He
>also claims that they are both 65 watts and 90 watts
>and that's a little strange.  But, he has tons of good
>feedback.  Maybe there not real HID's but might be a
>good deal anyway?  Any body out there got an opinion?

I do.  :)

Oh, you wanted to hear it?  %-0

I'm sure those are not really HID lights.  Jeez, the transformers alone
would cost more than $40.

Don't buy those blue-coated bulbs either.  Blue is a difficult part of the
spectrum for human eyes to see. White is better.

JMHO

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire - with US Spec, non-halogen headlights (almost as dim as the
dash lights)
'88 Lotus - with US Spec quad sealed beam halogens
'99 Acura TL - with true HID blue-white low beams/QI high beams
Succasunna, NJ USA