RE: Re: HID lights, are these for real?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: HID lights, are these for real?
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@mail.ftconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:36:04 -0500
Bill I agree on the separate amber/red lights. Lots of times its difficult to
know if someone is turning or just baraking for that first flash or two. It can
make a differenrce. Being originally European it can be very annoying. In fact
since the bulb wattage is the same (normally 21 watts) it should not make a
diffrenece in intensity but for the transmission of light through the lense and
the eyes ability to react to the different colour wavelengths. One other thing
that bugs me on thefront ones is that on some the sidelights ( running lights?)
are sometimes amber and the indicator ( turn) lights white. This is the wrong
way around to me. White is front, amber is turning, red is rear and bright red
is a warning i.e. stop lights. That's why reversing lights are white to
indicate the vehicles direction.

Just my 1d's worth. (I go back to pre decimalisation in the UK).

Alan