Re: Re: HID lights, are these for real?

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: HID lights, are these for real?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 9:32:12 -0700
An *emphatic* ditto from me! Even when I drive the Sentra at night, it can be a
painful ordeal! And has anyone else (besides my mechanic and myself) notice how
bright brake lights have gotten on newer cars and SUVs? (And *Still* people
don't see them?!?) Sometimes, if I'm sitting behind one of those bright brake
light vehicles and in front of an SUV with just very bright low beams-I just
want to scream!

I used to like to drive at night, but not any longer. How many have barely been
able to make a turn because the lights coming at you are so bright? Or been
blinded from behind by some neandrethal in a pick-up and not been able to see
in front of them? I sometimes have to flip both my mirrors at night and drive
without them!

Not long ago, I was sitting at a stop sign on at very dark corner near my
house, brights on-and one of those jacked up pick ups was facing me -and
flashed his high beams into my corneas! Like my headlights, a foot off the
ground were even visible to a guy 5 feet off the ground! I did the unlady-like
thing and flipped him the bird.

When I lived in Colorado Springs about 20 years ago, I had a friend who had
decked out his (first model year!) Sirocco (a very cool new car back then!)
with some very bright headlights. He flashed his brights at an oncoming car and
it was a cop who promptly pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Appearently,
at that time there was a law on how bright headlights could be-and my friend
had exceeded that! A very good law, if you ask me.

Someone told me that those yellow tinted glasses help reduce the brightness of
the headlights at night-has anybody tried them?

Rant off,

Thanks guys! ;-)

Laura G.