Replace ZS Carb with Weber DGV

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replace ZS Carb with Weber DGV
From: "Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB)" <BODB@chevron.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:29:33 -0800
I am planning to replace the ZS carb on my 79 Spitfire with a Weber DGV.  I
pretty sure I shouldn't go with the water choke as that seems to be one of
the faults of the ZS on the 79.  The question I have is if I should go with
the electric or manual choke on a new Weber DGV?  Also, any insights or
suggestions into the ZS to Weber conversion?

On a related subject for my education, how does the electric choke works?
What does the electric choke sense in order to adjust the choke setting?

Thanks,

Bob Bollinger
79 Spit