Re: 1500 Venting

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Venting
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:30:30 -0500
Trevor, et al-

I can usually do better than the manuals. Just cause I'm ornery and
intelligent enough to do so on my own. I taught myself to work on cars and
reasoned out the theories which control the operation of a car engine all by
myself, just from looking over the example I was working with, and taking it
apart and putting it back together. Usually without the help of a manual. I
even figured out how the SU- HS2 carbs I rebuilt worked, purely by going
over them enough and wondering and screwing around with them.

 How much "corporate funding" did Henry Ford have, when he put the world on
wheels. (Not saying he invented the blame things, just he perfected the
manufacture to a fine degree.)

We could also wonder how two bike mechanics from Dayton developed the start
of the modern age of flight.

Or a tank mechanic from Russia invented the single most dependable, and most
used rifle in the world today.

An earlier world produced very capable and learned men, who for thousands of
years promulgated a theory the world was flat, and at the center of the
universe, ignoring many indications to the contrary. To dispute them was
heresy.

My brother has his doctorate in history, and can't put the front tire on a
bicycle(literally!) Sometimes educated people are the most closed minded,
and most prone to be wrong. Enlightened people aren't always enlightened,
and ignorant people aren't always ignorant. And, to throw another splinter
on the fire, just because something has "always been done that way" doesn't
mean it is being done right.

Thanks for letting me have my say- :)

Chat with everyone later.

Scott