Re: 1500 Venting

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Venting
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:19:46 -0500 (EST)
Trevor,
Let it be known that I have no interest in reading about emissions stuff on
Spitfires!  WHy?
Because I have no Spits that require emission equipment,
nor do I have any intention of obtaining any.  Therefore, I have not
explored what all those
components do.  All I know is that since the law mandated
such equipment, the power of our Spitfires has steadily decreased as the
engine sizes increased.

Any advice I give is from experience.  YOu ought to try that a bit instead
of quoting your beloved
"Books".

Here's a what I know about air pumps:  My older brother removed the air pump
from his 68 Camaro in
an effort to improve it's performance.  THe result
of his efforts was that he could no longer keep oil in the crank case.  It
vented from every
possible orifice.  SOund familiar to anyone?  Now, I have
no idea if that air pump worked the same way that the Spit one does, but it
is very likely that they
do.  Coincidence?  Cause and Effect?  Draw your
own conclusions.

Just don't knock me for passing on my own observations and fixes to people
who have the same problem
that I did.

Joe