Re: 1500 venting

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 1500 venting
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 06:19:02 -0500
I hate to join the fray but would like to throw another scenario into the
equation.  I replaced the Weber DGV that came with my '80 with a ZS 150, and
Federal intake and exhaust manifolds (off a '78), with all the proper hoses
routed per the diagrams in the Bentley manual and the carb was rebuilt, and
experienced excessive pressure with oil pouring out of the dipstick tube.
All would run adequately if I "opened" the system by removing the hose from
the vac. port on (the one that runs to the canister) the ZS.  I currently
have the DGV on the car, with a hose running to the air filter and the
carbon canister and everything is fine.
Anyone care to stipulate as to why this is the case?

Slante,
Sean Twigg
'80 Spitfire