Electical Problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Electical Problem
From: Phillip <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:39:50 -0400
Ok, I found another problem.  I don't know much about the electrical stuff
in a car so any help would be great.  After getting the lights in the car
to work after cleaning up the fuse box I went for a ride.  When I got back
I went to flip the light switch off and it just pulled apart, it had
melted.  The switch is not an original switch, it only has two wires on the
back with one of the wires going from the switch and wrapped around two
other wires from the original switch.  Today I hooked the two wires
together and they started getting hot in just a few seconds.  I tend to
think that this might have something to do with all the lights except the
headlights since they worked off of the switch before I was able to get the
other lights working.  Right now the only lights that are not working are
the passenger tail light and the passenger side light up front.  Where
should I start looking for the possible problem?

Phillip
76 Spitfire

metaz76@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76