Common sense says the world is ending....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Common sense says the world is ending....
From: Dale Seeley <DSeeley1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:20:13 -0400
However unlikely it may seem, our newly acquired Spitfire (forever to be
known as Eliza) is the only vehicle we currently own that can be used
for transportation.  The Neon shredded it's timing belt today, adjusting
overall valve lengths, and the mini-van computer went into 'limp' mode,
then shutdown altogether.

Neighbors and friends are amazed at what appears to be our bad luck, and
dumbfounded that Eliza continues to continue.  Our outlook is much
different though.  We consider ourselves lucky to have Eliza, and
luckier to have the catastrophic failures on the cars that have
warranties in effect....

I'm reading with great interest the camber/sagging spring threads.
Eliza has a bit of a tilt toward the driver rear corner.  I have a new
spring that the previous owner purchased as an autox replacement.  I'll
also be checking the front swaybar condition, and might even install the
new shocks that came with the car at the same time.  Of course, I'll
wait for the modern wonders of technology to be back in service
again....

Have fun,
Dale

///