Re: Headers

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Headers
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:51:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/2001 6:58:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

<< That's probably because there is no "definitive" answer.  The problems may
be due to more recent manufacturing techniques.  Both of my headers were
 made several years ago.  Since then, the quality control may have become lax.

 Joe >>

I had a Pacesetter header on the BMW 2002 that I was autocrossing in the
early 80's and it was total junk.  Replaced it with a Stahl header that was a
work of art, a shame to hide it in an engine compartment.  The price
difference was something like 200-300% though.  I think you may have just
gotten lucky on the 2 you have Joe :)  One other thing, for a street driven
small displacement engine (like a Spit) I'd look at one of the 4-2-1 headers
for some torque enhancement at reasonable revs.
My $.02
Bill J
'68 GT8

///