Re: The Easter Repair Marathon

To: OC <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Easter Repair Marathon
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2001 05:25:39 -0500
Mike,

Blimey, you have been busy!  BTW, if you are paying anyone 35 quid per hour to
 work on Carly you are paying too much, TRGB charge 25 per hour and they know
 Spitfires much better than your local garage.  Only problem is they tend to be
 booked up for a while in advance.

Moss list the map light, part no. UKC3946 for the complete assembly.  However,
 it is not present in the price list, a good indication that they neither have
 it nor are likely to any time soon - but at least you know the part number
 now!

Your best bet for much of these obsolete parts is probably Spitfire
 dismantlers.  The Spitfire Graveyard is by far the biggest that I am aware of,
 so they may be your best bet.  TRGB dismantle less cars, but are closer.
 Manvers Triumph in Elmswell (in Suffolk, just beyond Bury St. Edmunds) also do
 some dismantling.  Call around, I would suggest!  Let me know if you need
 contact details for any of these.

Richard & Daffy

///