Door outer waist seal installation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Door outer waist seal installation
From: SMatson802@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:00:10 EDT
After close to a day of frustration trying to get the stupid clips to do
their job, I took the low road and went with Permatex Black Super
Weatherstrip Adhesive.  If all of the purists will relax for a moment, the
seals are now firmly and neatly in place.  The inevitable  small bit of stray
adhesive was easily removed by rubbing with my fingers.  The job took about
20 minutes and was a great deal more gratifying than the clip routine.
Someone suggested trouble down the road getting them off.  I really think
that they will probably come off without too much trouble (perhaps not
reuseable).  Also, they will probably outlast the door skins anyway.
For what it is worth.
Steve Matson

///