Re: Door outer waist seal installation

To: <SMatson802@aol.com>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door outer waist seal installation
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:01:09 -0500
Steve Matson said:

> After close to a day of frustration trying to get the stupid clips to do
> their job, I took the low road and went with Permatex Black Super
> Weatherstrip Adhesive.

You made my day, Steve, so now I'll come out of the closet & confess.   6 or
8 months ago, I also suffered similar frustration & went with SuperGlue;
thru cold & hot, rain & snow, it's still holding very nicely.  (However, now
I hope I CAN  get the seal off because I'm Bondo-ing a couple of small
parking-lot dings on a replacement driver's door - my present one having a
deep, lengthy impression from somebody's bumper.)

Cheers,  Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O

///