Re: CALIPERS

To: "Frank Drummond" <frandrum@voicenet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CALIPERS
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:24:32 -0700
Frank,

It's adviseable NOT to crack them open at all.  There is a small o-ring washer
inside that there is no ready replacement for and disassembling the calipers
is not something that anyone recommends for any reason, including converting
to DOT 5.  Change out the rubber in the piston chambers, yes, but splitting
them apart is not necessary.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
Join the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Classifieds, Links & Cool Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net