Re: Yeeeeeeee-ha!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, reed mideke <rfm@redshift.com>
Subject: Re: Yeeeeeeee-ha!
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:35:55 -0600
>The OD on my tranny is only .82, which is a little
>less then the ratio you get on an OD spit (.80, I think)
>Anyway 80 MPH is about 4000 rpm in fifth.

In my Spit, 80 mph is a little over 4000rpm in 4th.

(And then, you feel the car wanting to go faster because the cam
just kicked in and I have to work ro keep the speed down...I love
speed, but value my license and my car more!)

This is how I usually cruise down the freeway.

>Traffic does
>go that fast when it can around here (and 85-90 the interstates)
>My car has no trouble doing that all day (two road trips
>to AZ demonstrated that... even got 29 MPG at that speed)

Wow! 29 mpg! I get more like 20 when cruising in 4th above
4000rpm. I get probably closer to 25 with I drop the speed down.

>but the noise wears on you after the first few hours (no matter
>how loud you turn up the stereo),

Wears on *you*-I love it! (But, I enjoyed living under the landing
pattern of John Wayne Airport and hearing the jetliners go over my
head too!)

>and if I had a higher gear,
>I might be able to get 35 MPG ;-)
>
>The really funny thing is after you drive a spit at 85 for
>a few hours, 60 seems like you could just step out and walk...

lol-I've had that feeling!

Laura G.