Re: Yeeeeeeee-ha!

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yeeeeeeee-ha!
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:35:02 -0400
> >I am curious and looking forward to taking Nigel up to San
> >Francisco for a long-ish weekend in November. I haven't been on
> >that long a trip with him before (about 8 hours of driving)-and
> >all alone! (Eeee!) I've only been as far as half way there-and
> >felt totally battered at the end!
>
> An eight hour drive in any car is too much for the average human being.

I drive about 9 hours every day for work, go about 125-150 miles total,
doing deliveries. I still enjoy driving, but this is getting annoying!

My favorite long ride story is about my 64 1/2 hour ride from Monterey
California to Medford NJ  solo in my F-150...Never even changed out of the
uniform I signed out in! Straight through from Monterey to Mojave, got food
& gas, then Mojave to New Mexico/Texas state line, got gas and oil after a 3
hour nap, State line through Texas into Oklahoma, then into Arkansas, took a
nap near Little Rock, then on to an hour west of Nashville, another nap,
then directly home, arriving 16 hours later! Along the way were other
various gas and food and rest room breaks... But I was solo, and had
everything with me. A nap consisted of pulling into a rest stop, throwing
the pillow against my drivers window, turning the heater on (March 91!) and
napping till I felt refreshed. Food was whatever was available along the
interstate.(Going out a couple months before, I learned to eat hot pizza
while driving. I recommend letting it cool a little first!)

Scott
wish I was younger...