RE: sunday drive

To: <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>,
Subject: RE: sunday drive
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:27:43 -0600
>At least I'm not the only one who is paranoid that every noise

(and
>particularly odd, burning smells) is something to do with my car!

I was so paranoid over every little sound, smell and vibration for
the first 3 years I had "Nigel". I drove Dave nuts because I was
always running over and asking him to listen to the car! Now I'm
better about it, and 9 times out of ten, I can identify every
little sound and smell-though I've given up on the vibrations
because that car vibrates like a...(censored ;-) )

However, when I am tired, I go nuts with wild imaginings! (About
the car, silly!)Every sound, smell and vibration is magnified and
all the more mysterious and unfathomable! I'll even pull off the
road from time to time to search for the problem! (THe problem is
in my head!)

>Actually, the one that always gets me is when people wave or

flash at me.
>My first assumption is always that they are warning me that my

car is
>falling to pieces, it takes a moment or two for paranoia to

reduce enough to
>accept that they are simply being friendly because they like my

car
>(probably Triumph owners driving their 'other' car, me being the

only person
>around here daft enough to drive in the rain)!

Omigod! I always thing the same thing!

For example, the other day, my friend Bob was following me in his
Explorer Sport Track when I heard from behind me someone really
laying on the horn. I looked-it wasn't Bob, but it was right next
to me. At the stop light, I looked around and yelled to Bob-"What
IS the problem back there?!" When we arrived at our destination
(Dave's to look at the A-M, M-B 300, Series I E-Type Roadster
(which came in first at the Newport BEach Concours on Sunday)), I
asked-what the heck was going on? I thought someone was honking at
me all the way down the block-but I couldn't figure out who or
why!?

Turns out actually that a blonde in a Mercedes SUV tried to cut
him off and then started honking until the stop light when she
rolled down the window and started screaming at him (he left his
window up) and then with the light change started honking *again*!
He finally flipped her the bird-very uncharacteristic of him!

But, paranoid little Spitfire driving me thought all the commotion
was someone trying to tell me my car was falling apart!

Just shows to go ya!

Happy Trails,
Laura G. and Nigel