Sunday drive

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sunday drive
From: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:56:48 -0700
Had a similar thing happen to me on holiday in the U.K. driving my
sisters
car
through the Yorkshire Dales the car suddenly started to shake and
shudder
with
deafening noise, just as i'm starting to think i'm having a close
encounter
of the
worst kind, coming up out of the valley  about 200 feet on my left side
and
not
appearing to be in much of a hurry was a Royal Air Force Harrier.
John Cave

Richard Stieg wrote:

> So with the weather here in the mid-south being perfect, I decided to
take
> Sunday morning drive out to the "country" on my usual 25 mile circuit.
Spit
> was running wonderfully until I hear a horrendous "thwopping" noise
getting
> louder and louder. No vibrations or smoking bits out the rear view
mirror,
so
> I slow to walking speed and pull over, starting to cuss.  Noise gets
louder
as
> the revs drop.  I look around. Then up. A Marine Chinook twin-rotor
helicopter
> is at about 200 feet-pacing the Spit on the same heading, going back
to the
> field at Millington Tn.  Had to pull over for a few minutes to quit
laughing.