sunday drive

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: sunday drive
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:26:39 -0500
So with the weather here in the mid-south being perfect, I decided to take a
Sunday morning drive out to the "country" on my usual 25 mile circuit. Spit
was running wonderfully until I hear a horrendous "thwopping" noise getting
louder and louder. No vibrations or smoking bits out the rear view mirror, so
I slow to walking speed and pull over, starting to cuss.  Noise gets louder as
the revs drop.  I look around. Then up. A Marine Chinook twin-rotor helicopter
is at about 200 feet-pacing the Spit on the same heading, going back to the
field at Millington Tn.  Had to pull over for a few minutes to quit laughing.

Hope your next drive is as much fun.
Rick Stieg-75 Spitfire